We are a grassroots organization affiliated with Call to Action at the national level. Our purpose is to participate in the renewal and reform of the Catholic church to which we belong.
We do this through prayer, study, action and community experience. Our hope is to see our church live out more fully the Beatitudes which reflect the dream of Jesus for those who follow his way. We study contemporary theology and offer that opportunity to others through programs. We take action when we perceive injustice, exclusivity or a lack of accountability in our local church. Please join us, if you wish, so that together we can create the change we want to see in ourselves and in our faith tradition. In this time of global crises and spiritual hunger, we want to find ways to be “better stewards of the mysteries of God.”[1Cor.4:1]
• Sponsored Camina Una Hora en Mis Zapatos, Walk One Hour in My Shoes, presented by the University of Wisconsin-Extension, September 27, 2014. Location: Lake Edge Lutheran Church
• Hosted meeting of leaders from seven Midwest Call to Action chapters. July 12, 2014. Location: Holy Wisdom Monastery
• Eco-Justice by Rev. Dr. Neddy Astudillo on May 10, 2014. Location: Lake Edge Lutheran Church
• From Anti-Racism to Interculturalism by Betty Tardola September 14, 2013. Location: Madison Urban League
• How Can We Talk with People with Whom We Disagree with Nancy Sylvester, IHM, Institute for Communal Contemplation & Dialogue. April 20, 2013. Location: Madison Christian Community
• Pentecost/Integrity-Dignity/Mary Magdalene Celebration May 25, 2012. Location: Holy Wisdom Monastery
• How the New Story Affects Prayer with Michael Morwood. April 21, 2012. Location: Holy Wisdom Monastery
• The Universe Story: Amazing & Sacred presentation by Clare Wagner. October 22, 2011. Location: Madison Christian Community
• Witness and social action for Fr. Roy Bourgeois and Women’s ordination in the R.C. Church. St. Maria Goretti Church, Madison, WI. April 19, 2011.
• Exploring Racism, Inside and Out anti-racism workshop #2 by Myra Brown (Minister at Spiritus Christi Church in Rochester, NY) and Marian Fredal (Anti-Racism Team of Call to Action National). April 15 - 16, 2011. Location: Urban League. Click here for more information.
• “Call to Action” Madison Wisconsin Press Release (March 5, 2011) protesting Governor Walker’s tax bill and budget proposal.
• Tribute to Mary Daly. The Courage to See: Celebrating the Life and Vision of Mary Daly October 30, 2010. Location: Madison Christian Community Click here for more information.
• Weekend Program with Fr. Roy Bourgeois addressing Woman's Ordination and the close of the School of the Americas. August 27 - 29, 2010. Click here for more information.
• Exploring Power & Creating Community, anti-racism workshop #1. May 15, 2010. Location: Holy Wisdom Monastery. Click here for more information and videos used during workshop.
• Presentation by Roman Catholic Women Priests. April 24, 2010. Location: Community of Hope UCC/Advent Lutheran Church. Click here for more information.
• Presentation by Robert Haight: If God is Everywhere, What is the Place of the Church? March 14, 2010. Location: Holy Wisdom Monastery. Click here for more information.
• Talk by John Chuchman and Karen Schrauben. August 29, 2009. Cracking Open the Beatitudes. Click here for flyer (PDF) with more information.
• Special CTA-Madison meeting with Stephen Boehrer, author of “The Purple Culture." May 20, 2009. Click here for more information.
• Presentation by Bob McClory. April 18, 2009. Click Here for More Information.
• Open letter to then President-elect Barack Obama regarding the closing of the “School of the Americas.”
• Open letter to Bishop Morlino published in the Wisconsin State Journal (10/12/08).
• Presentation by Dan Maguire (personal website): Finding Hope on a Dying, War-Obsessed Planet. October 11, 2008. Original flyer.
• Presentation by Michael Morwood (personal website): Christian Spirituality within a New Story. April 26, 2008. Original flyer. Evaluations.
• Lay Synod: Claiming Your Rightful Place in the Catholic Church. October 20, 2007. Original flyer. Topics from Synod:
Education (how canon law supports us!), How we can become a “Beatitude” Church, Inclusiveness & Equality (women/GLBT/race), Accountability (parish closings/finances), Marketing CTA Madison, Dialogue with the bishop
Call To Action – Madison